Sunday, May 20, 2007

RP suffers beating from Al-Jalaa of Syria, will battle for third place

Just found out that RP team lost 77-109 to Al Jalaa of Syria (now battling SABA of host Iran for the title) in the semifinals held May 19, 2007. I've tried scouring for details but this is all I could get for the moment.

Notwithstanding the losses, I think the boys learned valuable lessons in Asian international competition that will serve them well for the Olympic qualifiers later in Japan. If all the boys reach peak form and barring any freak injuries, I think we could sneak in just like the day they got past Lebanon in a surprise breakthrough performance.

Congratulations to the players, coaching and training staff. Keep on honing those hoop skills while I go grieve a little more for the Suns and watch an inevitable Spurs run to another NBA title.

No comments: